Travel on arrival is provided to those nationals who belong from Japan and wish to visit India for tourism, conference, business, and medical purposes. However, the facilities are not provided to those citizens of Japan if the person himself or either of his or her parents or grandparents (paternal or maternal) was born in or was a citizen of Pakistan. This visa facility is also not provided to those who hold Diplomatic or Official passports and UN Passports and having Japanese nationality.
However, here are some of the other eligibility criteria for visa on arrival—
- The person who wishes to visit India must not have an occupation or a residence in India.
- Foreign nationals who assured financial standing (the visitor must be able to buy air ticket both onward journey ticket and return ticket) and he or she must have sufficient money to spend during the stay in India.
- The overseas nationals must not be a part of the Government of India and a persona-non-grata.
- The person should have a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months.
Note: Travel on Arrival facility is not provided to those whose parents or grandparents are from South Korea and Japan, were born in Pakistan or were living in, however, they can visit India but, they need to obtain a valid visa from the Indian Missions or Post concerned.
The visa on arrival shall not be extendable or convertible.
Procedure for applying for Travel-on-Arrival
Japanese nationals who desire to visit India required filling an application form for visa on arrival by approaching the ‘Travel Counter’ at their designated airport on arrival. They will be allowed to enter India with this visa after checking their eligibility criteria and payment of fee, then the Immigration officer will stamp on visitors’ passport with visa on arrival.
However, here are some of the important things to know before you reach on your designated airport—
Requirements for visa-on-arrival
- 1.Strictly no amendment in the application form, and every single detail should be in type written (*must not forget to type exact details which are written on your passport).
- 2.Uploading of photographs. The Embassy or the authority of immigration wishes that all photographs which you are going to upload must match the given instruction: apply for the Basic Life Support. The photo should be the same as the 3.5* 3.5 cm picture attached in the application form.
- 3.Your photo must be in size (3.5*3.5 cm or 3.5*4.5 cm).
- 4.Your photo must not have shadow in the face or on the background.
- 5.Your photo should be clear.
- 6.Photocopy of passport (back and front).
- 7.NO scanned signature.
- 8.Foreign Nationals or citizens desire to enter in India with visa-on-arrival must provide an explanation letter why they're applying for this travel. *Hand written is not allowed.
- 9.Passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of visiting India.
- 10.You must have a photocopy of the passport bio page.
- 11.Lease license of tenant.
*Embassy may ask for the additional document if needed from the applicant.
Documents and other details
All pages of the visa-on-arrival application form must be printed on the letter-head paper and the Undertaking must be signed with date and stamp. Two copies of the filled application form have to be submitted with the Undertaking to the Embassy of India, and should contain the following information which is written below:
Documents required for visa-on-arrival: Firstly, the applicant needs to submit his or her application for the same with these documents
- 2 recent Passport size photos.
- Original Passport.
- Photocopy of the passport with the relevant pages including residence visa page
- Application Form
- Detailed Synopsis
- Itinerary (Ports of entry and exit from India to be indicated)
- Bio-profile with details:
- Name and surname as featuring in the passport
1. Contact coordinates - telephone & e-mail address
4. Date and place of birth (Day/ Month/ Year)
5. Passport number & validity
After submission of the entire visa-on-arrival application online with the documents, colored photograph signature, and the files which mentions above, have to submit to the Indian Mission/ Post/ Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned for an advance verification.
How to apply?
- Apply online by visiting to the government website or indiaonlinevisa.com.
- Upload photo and passport bio page.
- Pay visa fees online after fulfilling all the important information using a credit or debit card.
- Once your payment is done, you will receive ETA online on your provided email address.
- Take out print copies and carry with you and fly to India.
- When you will reach on your designated airport terminal, show the ETA, the authority will stamp visa-on-arrival on your passport.
Validity on visa-on-arrival
Travel-on-arrival is granted by the Indian authority of Immigration for entry and stay in India within the period of its validity which is subject to the conditions and rules. However, the Immigration officer may grant you a double entry Travel-on-arrival, which will be valid for 60 days.
Designated Entry Points
Travel-on-arrival is granted to Japanese nationals for a specific period in India, however, the citizens of Japan can enter India through six designated international airports such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
Conditions for Travel-on-Arrival
Travel-on arrival is a non-extendable and non-convertible visa type except in specific cases when the traveler in an emergency. However, if the person wants to convert his or her visa-on-arrival to other categories of travel, then he or she needs to follow all the general policy and guidelines which are provided to the Indian visa authority on the government website.
Fee for Travel-on-Arrival
The traveler who belongs from Japan national can apply for visa-on-arrival online, however, he or she will grant with the same at the designated airport after paying the minimal amount Rs 2000/- or equivalent in foreign currency per passenger or traveler including children. This fee is applied to each Japanese national who desire to visit India for medical, business, tourism, and conference purposes.
With a valid passport, you can travel visa-free or visa-on-arrival to 58 countries in Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, the Caribbean and Oceania.
Traveling to the world with visa and visa-on-arrival is being made easy and subtle by the Government of India. Now, you can travel India’s most popular destination if you are from these countries written below after applying your visa-on-arrival online.
Note: The data written below is the latest as per the Government of India. In case, the foreigner wants to visit India with a valid passport, then he or she needs to apply for the visa-on-arrival online or to the Indian Mission or Post so that they can travel India for tourism, business, medical and other purposes.
If you are holding a valid passport, then you do not need a prior visa for these countries to travel—
Note:Duration of Travel or the number of entries in India is purely the discretion of the Indian Embassy, or Consulate has no role in order to make any approach or process. The applicant has to observe and realize that Travel will not be a subject of right, and, hence the Embassy / Consulates might deny the visa if no longer observed the eligibility / or does no longer have adequate supporting documentation. If the process is not matching according to the demand from the authority will not grant a visa-on-arrival if you request more days or time in India. So, provide your details and information before you submit your application, and must pay your application process amount. There will be no clarifications on this regard, and the resolution or decision of the Embassy / Consulate will probably be final.
- Transit Travel
- Tourist travel
- Medical Travel
- Business Travel
- Employment Travel
- Project Travel
- Intern Travel
- Student Travel
E-visa India Support center
- Whatsapp : +91-9810358689