Issuance of Diplomatic or official travel is offered to foreign officials or diplomats and their family members.
The eligibility-Ordinary passport holder is not allowed to apply for a diplomatic travel.
- Foreign nationals or citizens, holding Diplomatic or official service passport or who are already in India can apply for the same through online portal. A new online system has been developed for the issuance of diplomatic or official travel in 2015.
- However, if you want visa extension, new travel, visa type conversion, and transfer of Travel, then you can apply over this website and can avail the services; however, these services are not for ordinary passport holders.
- All foreigners who hold diplomatic, official, or service passports in order to get a diplomatic or official visa are requested to submit their visa applications. However, to get this travel, you are not allowed to submit a physical visa application. In case, your visa gets acceptance for a diplomatic or official travel, you will be informed by email or SMS. And, then you need to collect it in person from the CPV Division.
- If you are applying for this travel, then your passport must have at least 6 months' validity when you are applying for your visa application online. The passport should have at least 2 minimum blank pages.
- Your passport cover page and photo must contain your information such as name, date of birth, the expiry date of your passport, nationality, etc. It is necessary to upload your passport bio page.
- Once you done with your all the information, then submit your application, including required documents as indicated against each type of visa service.
- The applicant who is applying for this visa type requests not to submit a passport or printed copy of the application after submitting the online application, because you are requested to submit your passport to CPV Division, Ministry of External Affairs, only on when you receive a receipt of information from the CPV Division. Then, you will be informed through email or SMS.
Document required for services
- If you are applying for diplomatic or official visa services, then you need to upload only one copy of each document.
- Your documents should be scanned and in the format of PDF.
- The size of your documents must not be more than 200 KB or less than this.
For all applicants, these mandatory documents must be uploaded:
- Photo-the applicants photo must be in size as per instruction.
- The Passport-photo page or cover page of your passport must have all the information.
- Travel-visa page should be there on your existing Indian travel.
- Dependents- in case of dependents, the applicants are requested to assign a visa page while uploading a passport.
- In case the person doesnt have an Indian travel, in this situation, the applicant must upload the page carrying immigration stamp.
- Letter of request-you must have a copy of the Note Verbale or letter of request, and that also needs to be uploaded.
If the applicant is assignee:
- In case you applied for Protocol ID issued by the Government of India; you are requested to upload a copy of that.
- If you are holding Protocol ID issued by the Government of India; then you need to upload that Protocol ID.
- If you do not have Protocol ID; then you are requested to upload a copy of the International organization ID.
If the applicant is dependent:
- In case the applicant is dependent or a family member; then they need to upload the assignee visa page.
- In case you are applied for Protocol ID issued by the Government of India; then you are requested to upload Protocol ID.
- If you do not have Protocol ID; then you are requested to upload a copy of the International organization ID.
Requirements for Diplomatic or Official Travel
- 1.Strictly no amendment in the application form, and every single detail should be in type written (*must not forget to type exact details which are written on your passport).
- 2.Uploading of photographs. The Embassy or the authority of immigration wishes that all photographs which you are going to upload must match the given instruction: apply for the Basic Life Support. The photo should be the same as the 3.5* 3.5 cm picture attached in the application form.
- 3.Your photo must be in size (3.5*3.5 cm or 3.5*4.5 cm)
- 4.Your photo must not have shadow in the face or on the background
- 5.Your photo should be clear
- 6.Photocopy of passport (back and front)
- 7.NO scanned signature.
- 8.Foreign Nationals or citizens desire to live in India with Diplomatic Travel must provide an explanation letter why they're applying for this travel. *Hand written is not allowed.
- 9.Passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of visiting India.
- 10.You must have a photocopy of the passport bio page.
- 11.Lease license of tenant
*Embassy may ask for the additional document if needed from the applicant.
Documents and other details
All pages of the Diplomatic or Official visa application form must be printed on the letter-head paper and the Undertaking must be signed with date and stamp. Two copies of the filled application form have to be submitted with the Undertaking to the Embassy of India, and should contain the following information which is written below:
Documents required for Diplomatic or Official Travel: Firstly, the applicant needs to submit his or her application for Diplomatic or Official visa with these documents
- 2 recent Passport size photos.
- Original Passport.
- Photocopy of the passport with the relevant pages including residence visa page
- Application Form
- Detailed Synopsis
- Itinerary (Ports of entry and exit from India to be indicated)
- Bio-profile with details:
- Name and surname as featuring in the passport
1. Contact coordinates - telephone & e-mail address
4. Date and place of birth (Day/ Month/ Year)
5. Passport number & validity
After submission of the entire Diplomatic or Official visa application online with the documents, colored photograph signature, and the files which mentions above, have to submit to the Indian Mission/ Post/ Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO)/ Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) concerned for an advance verification.
Travel Weaver Agreement
As on March 16, 2020
Countries, India operates for Travel Exemption Agreement for holders of Diplomatic, Official/Service Passports.
|Sr. No.||Country||Category of Passport||Period of stay||Signed on||Date of Entry into Force / Remarks|
|1||Albania||Diplomatic and Official||27-11-2015||20-01-2018|
|2||Antigua & Barbuda||Diplomatic &Official||90 days||17.09.2019||15.02.2020|
|3||Argentina||Diplomatic &Official||90 days||31.03.1994||Travel free stay till assignment for those assigned to Mission|
|4||Azerbaijan||Diplomatic, Official and Service||90 days||04-04-2018||06-09-2018|
|5||Bahrain||Diplomatic & Special/Official||90 days||15-07-2018||19-12-2018|
|6||Bahamas||Diplomatic and Official Passports||90 days||29.11.2018||w.e.f 23.01.2020|
|7||Bangladesh||Diplomatic & official||45 days||15-07-2018|
|8||Belarus||Diplomatic & official||Not Specified|
|9||Belize||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||18-09-2017||30-04-2018|
|10||Benin||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||29-07-2019||08-03-2020|
|11||Bhutan||All passports||Not Specified|
|12||Brazil||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||25.01.2004||w.e.f. 17.11..2004|
|13||Brunei||Diplomatic & Official||14 days||04.04.2016||w.e.f. 04.05.2016|
|14||Bulgaria||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||03.03.2009||w.e.f. 02.07.2009|
|15||Cambodia||Diplomatic & Official||60 days||09.04.2002||w.e.f..09.05.2002|
|16||Chile||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||24.04.2003||w.e.f. 17.08.2004|
|17||Colombia||Diplomatic & Official||90 days|
|18||Costa Rica||Diplomatic and Official/Service||90 days||8 March 2019||1 April, 2020|
|19||Cote dIvoire||Diplomatic & Official||30 days||21-10-2016||17-07-2019|
|20||Croatia||Diplomatic & Official/Service||30 days||19-09-2007||w.e.f. 08-04-2008|
|21||Cyprus||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||25-05-2007||w.e.f 01-05-2008|
|22||Denmark||Diplomatic & Official||14 August 1986||14 December 2017|
|23||Ecuador||Diplomatic & Official||30 days||22.6.2007||w.e.f. 18.08.2008|
|24||Egypt||Diplomatic, Official, Special, & Service||90 days||18.11.2008||w.e.f. 15.02.2010|
|25||El Salvador||Diplomatic & official||90 days||10.06.2008||w.e.f. 01.04.2009|
|26||Georgia||Diplomatic and Official/Service||90 days||31.07.2017||20.09.2017|
|27||Guatemala||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||28.05.2015||w.e.f. 14.12.2015|
|28||Guyana||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||04.02.2003||w.e.f. 03.01.2005|
|29||Honduras||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||10.06.2008||w.e.f. 01.03.2009|
|30||Hong Kong||Diplomatic & Official||Those assigned to mission require visa|
|31||Hungary||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||04.11.2003||w.e.f. 01.04.2005|
|32||Indonesia||Diplomatic & Official||30 days||w.e.f. 01.08.2008|
|33||Israel||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||09.09.2003||w.e.f. 20.10.2004|
|34||Jordan||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||01-03-2018||30-09-2018|
|35||Kazakhstan||Diplomatic & Official/Service||30 days||17.08.1999||w.e.f. 20.11.2000|
|36||Kuwait||Diplomatic, Official & Special Passports||60 days||04.04.2018||08.03.2019|
|37||Kyrgyzstan||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||19.07.2013||w.e.f. April 2014|
|38||Laos||Diplomatic & Official||30 days||06.11.2002||w.e.f. 01.04.2005|
|39||Malaysia||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||14.05.2001||w.e.f. 01.10.2001|
|40||Maldives||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||17-03-2019||05-08-2019|
|41||Mauritius||Diplomatic & Official||90 days|
|42||Mexico||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||21.10.2005||w.e.f. 23.02.2006|
|43||Mongolia||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||23.12.2005||w.e.f. 02.02.2006|
|44||Morocco||Diplomatic & Official/Service||30 days||17.11.2015||w.e.f. 21.01.2016|
|45||Mozambique||Diplomatic & official||90 days||07.08.2015||w.e.f. 09.05.2016|
|46||Myanmar||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||02.11.2003||w.e.f. 15.3.2005|
|47||Namibia||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||31.08.2009||w.e.f. 01.11.2011|
|48||Nepal||All passports||Not specified|
|49||Nicaragua||Diplomatic, official & service||90 days||10.06.2008||w.e.f. 01.10.2008|
|50||Oman||Diplomatic, Official/ Service/ Special||90 days||11.2.2018||07.06.2020|
|51||Palestine||Diplomatic & Official Passports||90 days||16-05-2017||20-04-2018|
|52||Panama||Diplomatic, Official and Consular Passports||90 days||09-05-2018||30-08-2018|
|53||Paraguay||Diplomatic & Official||90 days|
|54||Peru||Diplomatic and Official/Service Passports||90 days||03.06.2003||w.e.f. 16.09.2004|
|55||Philippines||Diplomatic & Official||30 days||05-10-2007||w.e.f. 24-04-2008|
|56||Qatar||Diplomatic, Official & Special Passport||90 days||03.12.2016||23 May 2017|
|57||Republic of Korea (South Korea)||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||01.08.2005||w.e.f. 03.10.05|
|58||Russia||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||03.12.2004||w.e.f. 15.02.2005|
|59||Rwanda||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||20.02.2017||25.12.2017|
|60||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||Diplomatic and Official Passports||90 days||10.09.2019||w.e.f 13.01.2020|
|61||Serbia||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||17.09.2007||w.e.f. 17.07.2009|
|62||Singapore||Diplomatic & Official||Not specified||24.01.1994||Tourism agreement|
|63||South Africa||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||22-02-2008||w.e.f. 21-05-2008|
|64||Sri Lanka||Diplomatic & Official||30 days||14.03.2015||w.e.f. 15.09.2015|
|65||St. Kitts & Nevis||Diplomatic & Official/Service Passports||90 days||16-02-2018||09-10-2018|
|66||Suriname||Diplomatic, Official and Service Passports||30 days||28.04.2017||23.02.2019|
|67||Swaziland||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||09-04-2018||01st April 2019|
|68||Syria||Diplomatic & Official||60 days||10-06-2010||w.e.f. 01.10.2010|
|69||Tanzania||Diplomatic & Official/Service||90 days||10.07.2016||w.e.f. 26.12.2016|
|70||Tajikistan||Diplomatic & Official||30 days||14.11.2003||w.e.f. 19.08.2005|
|71||Thailand||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||09.10.2003||w.e.f. 01.03.2004|
|72||Tunisia||Diplomatic & Official/Special||90 days||30/04/2015||w.e.f. 02.05.2016|
|73||Uganda||Diplomatic & Official||90 days||24-07-2018||11 February 2019|
|74||UAE||Diplomatic, Official & Special||90 days||25.01.2017||24 February 2017|
|75||Uruguay||Diplomatic, Official||30 days|
|76||UAE||Diplomatic, Official & Special||90 days||25.01.2017||24 February 2017|
|77||Vietnam||Diplomatic and Official||90 days||07.09.994|
Note: Duration of Travel or the number of entries in India is purely the discretion of the Indian Embassy, or Consulate has no role in order to make any approach or process. The applicant has to observe and realize that Travel will not be a subject of right, and, hence the Embassy / Consulates might deny the visa if no longer observed the eligibility / or does no longer have adequate supporting documentation. If the process is not matching according to the demand from the authority will not grant a Diplomatic or Official visa if you request more days or time in India. So, provide your details and information before you submit your application, and must pay your application process amount. There will be no clarifications on this regard, and the resolution or decision of the Embassy / Consulate will probably be final.
- Transit Travel
- Tourist travel
- Medical Travel
- Business Travel
- Employment Travel
- Project Travel
- Intern Travel
- Student Travel
E-visa India Support center
- Whatsapp : +91-9810358689